TEEᑎ ᒪOᑌᑎGE ᖴOᖇᑌᗰ ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕᕼᗩT ᖇOOᗰ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TEEᑎ ᒪOᑌᑎGE ᖴOᖇᑌᗰ ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕᕼᗩT ᖇOOᗰ

T͏e͏e͏n͏ L͏o͏u͏n͏g͏e͏ i͏s͏ o͏w͏n͏e͏d͏ b͏y͏ J͏o͏s͏h͏u͏a͏, a sophomore, w͏h͏o͏ i͏s͏ 1͏6. Joshua plays golf, baseball, and wrestles at his high school.

HomeRegisterLog in
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Img_1710
About Us

Welcome to the forum TEEᑎ ᒪOᑌᑎGE ᖴOᖇᑌᗰ ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕᕼᗩT ᖇOOᗰ

T͏e͏e͏n͏ L͏o͏u͏n͏g͏e͏ i͏s͏ a youth operated Forum and chat room, and we also invite parents to join. Our Discord chat room is by invite only to members who have posted an introduction in our Forum.

Latest topics
» Favorite Jelly Belly Bean
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 6:33 pm by MƳԼƠ

» Only Happens Once A Year !
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 1:07 pm by 卂丨ㄒㄖ尺

» April 20th Uno
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 8:32 pm by Jamie

» April 20th Trivia night
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 7:48 pm by Jamie

» My three sons
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 6:25 pm by ᒎᗝᔕᕼᑌᗩ

» Sports Mama
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 11:21 am by αи∂яєα

» Cow vs Assault Cow
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 8:54 pm by ᒎᗝᔕᕼᑌᗩ

» Saturday Night Uno
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 8:30 pm by ᒎᗝᔕᕼᑌᗩ

» April 13th Trivia
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 7:26 pm by ᒎᗝᔕᕼᑌᗩ

Poll
White 2 Jelly Belly Bean flavors do you like?
 1. 7Up
 2 .Berry Blue
 3 .Birthday Cake
 4. Root Beer
 5. Cream Soda
 6. Bubble Gum
 7. Licorice
 8 .Sizzling Cinnamon
 9 .S'Mores
 10. Sour Cherry
View results
Discord Server
Top posting users this month
Jamie
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Vote_lcap 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Voting_bar 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Vote_rcap 
ᒎᗝᔕᕼᑌᗩ
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Vote_lcap 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Voting_bar 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Vote_rcap 
J͏o͏e͏l͏
彡B͏e͏a͏s͏t͏b͏o͏y͏彡
丂卩乇乇ᗪㄚ
αи∂яєα
ᗴ丅ᕼᗩᑎ
MƳԼƠ
Jαʂɱιɳҽ
ㄒ乇卂Ꮆ卂几

17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'

Go down 
+8
ղɑԵɑղ
丅ᑌᑕᛕᗴᖇ
{丂ㄒㄖ尺爪}
ᒎᗝᔕᕼᑌᗩ
Aidan
Pяё$тѳп
Jαʂɱιɳҽ
ςαdεη
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ςαdεη
Members age 18 and over
ςαdεη

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD
For being such an active Forum member at Teen Lounge

17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Empty
PostSubject: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 8:06 am

I think this is worth sharing to all our members here. I am moved by this, partially because I am 17 years old also, and because Iowa is close to Illinois, and Matthew is not that far away from us. I am even considering driving over there, with Cody and a couple other members to see Matthew and offer our support. Matthew lives only 3 hours away from me.
Let's all pray and hope Matthew is not forced to return to the Ukraine right now, and that our government will work with the Ukraine government to let him stay here where it is safe.

17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'
Sarah Kay LeBlanc
Des Moines Register

Every time Matthew Frantsuzhan talks to his mom in Ukraine, he knows it could be the last time.

"She's said that, 'Well, I can be killed every moment,'" Frantsuzhan, a Valley High School student in West Des Moines, said.

The 17-year-old Ukrainian exchange student has been in the U.S. since August 2021. He's taken advantage of the activities Valley High School offers, currently singing in three choirs and practicing for the school's production of the musical Brigadoon.

Those activities help him escape his worries for his home, devastated by bombings, and his family, trapped in a country at war with Russia.

Choral director Haley Gibbons works with Frantsuzhan often. She said she's sending prayers to Frantsuzhan's family, and has been impressed by his skills in composing.

"We're just very happy that he's here right now," she said.

My life was there, my soul was there, and I want this school to educate even more kids in the future," he said.

Frantsuzhan's hometown is about an eight-hour trip to Kyiv, the country's capital. His mother made that journey last Wednesday holding a plane ticket out of the country, trying to leave before war broke out. She arrived on the Thursday morning Russian troops began their invasion.

She remains stuck in Kyiv. Her flight was canceled and airports closed, and she now joins the thousands of people desperately trying to escape, he said.

His father left Ukraine a few weeks ago on a business trip to Dubai, where he is still.

His grandmother and great-grandmother refuse to leave their Zaporizhzhia home, built more than 100 years ago. The house has survived two world wars and the 1917 October Revolution, and Frantsuzhan said they plan to stay there until whatever end, he said.

"It can happen that this August was the last time I saw them and I don't know what to think about this because I love them and I want our family to be together," he said.

Frantsuzhan feels helpless receiving videos and photos from family and friends about the war. He said he can't imagine being there, though he may have to return soon.

In June, his exchange program will end. He's been told students have to go back to their home countries or to their parents, if they have moved. He wants to come back to the states for college and eventually become a music teacher at Valley.

He's not sure how he will get a new visa in the middle of a war, though. And if he's in Ukraine in October, when he turns 18, he may not be allowed to leave the country, which has mandated men 18 to 60 stay.

If Frantsuzhan returns, it likely won't be to the country he remembers. His memories of Ukraine are of music, of the first solo-trip he took last summer to see friends in west Ukraine and of bike rides in the forest.

He thinks of his friends often, some of who want to fight in the war. He just wants all of his loved ones to be safe, though he knows that's not guaranteed.

"I don't want to be worried all the time about my friends, about my family, because it's not normal," he said. "It's not supposed to be like this. I just want them all to be safe and I hope we can get through this together."

17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Cmshdc10

17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' New-3_10
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Murdsz10

+ Father Tim +, 卂ㄩ丂ㄒ丨几, {丂ㄒㄖ尺爪}, Aidan, ʝαƙҽ, ѕмιттєи кιттєи, ᗰᗩᐯᗴᖇIᑕᛕ and like this post

Back to top Go down
Jαʂɱιɳҽ
Members age 18 and over
Jαʂɱιɳҽ

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD

17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Empty
PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 9:04 am

I gave Caden a reputation point for this post, because I think to  show concern for another teenager the way he did, and someone who lives in a bordering State, shows a pretty caring boy we got here on our Administrative team.

I also hope and pray that Matthew be allowed to remain in the United States after June, and that his family stays safe.

{丂ㄒㄖ尺爪}, Aidan, ʝαƙҽ, ᗰᗩᐯᗴᖇIᑕᛕ and ᏕᎧᏟᏟᏋᏒ ᎴᏋӺᏋᏁᎴ3Ꮢ like this post

Back to top Go down
Pяё$тѳп
Members age 14-17
Pяё$тѳп

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 9:29 am

If you need any help setting this visit up Caden,  or need a place to stay over in Iowa, I have a Wyndham Rewards card for over there you can use.

{丂ㄒㄖ尺爪}, Aidan, ʝαƙҽ and ᗰᗩᐯᗴᖇIᑕᛕ like this post

Back to top Go down
Aidan
Members age 14-17
Aidan

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 9:39 am

Caden, let me know if you go and what date, I may a couple friends that will go too from here, since we also live in Illinois. The more that can go show more support for Matthew if he gets static about leaving in June, the better if we all rally around him.

{丂ㄒㄖ尺爪}, ʝαƙҽ and ᗰᗩᐯᗴᖇIᑕᛕ like this post

Back to top Go down
ᒎᗝᔕᕼᑌᗩ
Teen Lounge Owner/AntiBullyng Ambassador
ᒎᗝᔕᕼᑌᗩ

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 5:58 pm

I really hope he gets to stay until his parents both are in another Country and he can go there to join them.

--------------------------------------
 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' Fca-lo10

17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' 3793b310

Back to top Go down
{丂ㄒㄖ尺爪}
Chat Room Administrator
{丂ㄒㄖ尺爪}

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 6:09 pm

Think it's a great idea to get this out there Caden. Right now  Matthew needs the support of other high schoolers to keep him from being forced into a war zone.

Back to top Go down
丅ᑌᑕᛕᗴᖇ
Members age 18 and over
丅ᑌᑕᛕᗴᖇ

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 7:35 pm

Spoke to Caden and I'm in for the trip to Iowa once it can be set up.

{丂ㄒㄖ尺爪}, ʝαƙҽ, ᗰᗩᐯᗴᖇIᑕᛕ and ղɑԵɑղ like this post

Back to top Go down
ղɑԵɑղ
International Member
ղɑԵɑղ

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 9:34 am

Espero que Matthew tenha permissão para permanecer em Iowa. É muito bom que você vá vê-lo Caden, junto com seus amigos. Por favor, tenha uma viagem segura para lá quando você for, e diga a Matthew que amigos internacionais como Enrico e eu estamos apoiando que ele possa ficar nos Estados Unidos também.

Back to top Go down
Leonid
International Member
Leonid

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 9:44 am

Я очень надеюсь, что Мэтью сможет остаться в Соединенных Штатах. Сейчас на Украине очень плохо, поэтому я надеюсь, что его семья быстро и очень безопасно выберется оттуда. Спасибо за то, что вы поддерживаете Мэтью, и я желаю вам успехов в организации вашей поездки в Айову.

Back to top Go down
C͏a͏r͏d͏i͏n͏
Members age 14-17
C͏a͏r͏d͏i͏n͏

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 10:11 am

If I lived there, I would be willing to go with all of you to see Matthew. Please give him my best from all of us in Delaware.

{丂ㄒㄖ尺爪} and ᗰᗩᐯᗴᖇIᑕᛕ like this post

Back to top Go down
{丂ㄒㄖ尺爪}
Chat Room Administrator
{丂ㄒㄖ尺爪}

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 4:24 pm

If you all go, let me know if you need anything on your road trip, like snacks, gas card, ect... I can help you out a little and I think it's awesome you all are doing that.

ᗰᗩᐯᗴᖇIᑕᛕ likes this post

Back to top Go down
ƐЛ尺ɪㄈØ
International Member
ƐЛ尺ɪㄈØ

Location : Brazil - FUTEBOL CENTROAVANTE / STRIKER -Yellow belt Jiu Jitsu

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 6:42 pm

É muito atencioso o que você e seus amigos estão fazendo, viajar para Iowa e se encontrar com Matthew. Eu acho que ele ficará feliz em ver todos vocês e se sentirá bem que todos vocês o apoiam em querer ficar nos Estados Unidos.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 7:42 pm

that is fantastic just give him our regards and hope he can stay where he is
Back to top Go down
ⳒᎯᏰᏒᎥᏋႱᏋ
International Member
ⳒᎯᏰᏒᎥᏋႱᏋ

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD

PostSubject: Re: 17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war'    17-year-old Ukrainian student says if he doesn't stay in America, he'll 'die in war' EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 7:11 am

Grazie Caden per essere un amico solidale con Matthew. Per favore, facci sapere come va la tua visita e chi di Teen Lounge viene con te
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1