.˜”*°• 【Teen Lounge】 •°*”˜.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.˜”*°• 【Teen Lounge】 •°*”˜.

(っ◔◡◔)っ Teen Lounge is an international safe, friendly, youth operated and moderated Forum and Chat Room, for all junior high, high school and college youth. Teen Lounge is owned by a 14 year old girl with help from her brothers who are 19 and 17 (っ◔◡◔)っ

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Latest topics
» Saturday Uno for May 14th
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian EmptySat May 14, 2022 8:26 pm by ςαdεη

» Saturday, May 14th
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian EmptySat May 14, 2022 7:24 pm by ςαdεη

» 10 Bullying Statistics
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian EmptySat May 14, 2022 9:15 am by ᏒᎽᎯႶ

» Abortion activists plan to interrupt Catholic Masses on Sunday
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian EmptyThu May 12, 2022 5:14 pm by Jαʂɱιɳҽ

» Bless and Heal This Family - obituary and photo
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian EmptyWed May 11, 2022 7:38 am by + Father Tim +

» Favorite Fast Food
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian EmptyMon May 09, 2022 7:10 pm by ղɑԵɑղ

» May 7th Uno night
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian EmptySat May 07, 2022 8:28 pm by Jamie

» Saturday May 7th Trivia night
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian EmptySat May 07, 2022 7:38 pm by Jamie

» Friday Uno
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian EmptyFri May 06, 2022 7:38 pm by 丂ㄖㄩㄒ卄卩卂山

Teen Lounge Visitors
Poll
What is your favorite fast food?
 McDonalds
 Wendys
 Arbys
 Hardees
 Kentucky Fried Chicken
 Subway
 Starbucks
 Taco Bell
 Chick- Fil-A
 Burger King
 Jimmy Johns
 Culvers
 Five Guys
View results
Top posting users this month
卂ㄩ丂ㄒ丨几
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian Vote_lcapBlackhawk - pictures of a big Indian Voting_barBlackhawk - pictures of a big Indian Vote_rcap 
ςαdεη
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian Vote_lcapBlackhawk - pictures of a big Indian Voting_barBlackhawk - pictures of a big Indian Vote_rcap 
ᗷᗴᑕᛕᕼᗩᗰ
ղɑԵɑղ
Jamie
dantheman
αи∂яєα
Jαʂɱιɳҽ
Ҝ卂尺丂ㄖ几
乃ㄥ卂Ҝ乇

Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian Empty
PostSubject: Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian   Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 7:15 pm

Today my dad took me to see the Blackhawk statue. The statue had been under restoration and was recently completed. I took some pictures of Blackhawk who is Chief Blackhawk and some facts on signs that hang by the statue. Blackhawk is 48 feet high. Here is a little history on Blackhawk from Britannica.

Black Hawk, Indian name Ma-ka-tai-me-she-kia-kiak, (born 1767, Saukenuk [now in Rock Island, Illinois]—died October 3, 1838, village on the Des Moines River, southeastern Iowa Territory [now in northeastern Davis county, Iowa]), leader of a faction of Sauk, Fox, Kickapoo, and Ho-Chunk (Winnebago) peoples. Black Hawk and his followers contested the disposition of 50 million acres (20 million hectares) of territory that had supposedly been granted to the United States by tribal spokesmen in the Treaty of St. Louis in 1804. His decision to defy the government and attempt to reoccupy tribal lands along the Rock River in Illinois resulted in the brief but tragic Black Hawk War of 1832.

Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian My_big10
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian Indian10
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian Blackh10
Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian Taft10

Back to top Go down
Meltdown Negotiator
**Parent**
Meltdown Negotiator

Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian   Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 8:39 am

What a very informative post Dylan. I have heard of this statue, but have never seen it, or knew anything about Chief Blackhawk. Now I want to bring the kids up to see him. Thanks for posting the photos.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Blackhawk - pictures of a big Indian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
.˜”*°• 【Teen Lounge】 •°*”˜. :: ALL AGES - OPEN DISCUSSION :: General discussion for all age groups-