TEEᑎ ᒪOᑌᑎGE ᖴOᖇᑌᗰ ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕᕼᗩT ᖇOOᗰ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TEEᑎ ᒪOᑌᑎGE ᖴOᖇᑌᗰ ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕᕼᗩT ᖇOOᗰ

T͏e͏e͏n͏ L͏o͏u͏n͏g͏e͏ i͏s͏ o͏w͏n͏e͏d͏ b͏y͏ J͏o͏s͏h͏u͏a͏, a sophomore, w͏h͏o͏ i͏s͏ 1͏6. Joshua plays golf, baseball, and wrestles at his high school.

HomeRegisterLog in
10 Bullying Statistics 5ebb7d10
About Us

Welcome to the forum TEEᑎ ᒪOᑌᑎGE ᖴOᖇᑌᗰ ᗩᑎᗪ ᑕᕼᗩT ᖇOOᗰ

T͏e͏e͏n͏ L͏o͏u͏n͏g͏e͏ i͏s͏ a youth operated Forum and chat room, and we also invite parents to join. Our Discord chat room is by invite only to members who have posted an introduction in our Forum.

Latest topics
» IKWF tournament
10 Bullying Statistics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 4:52 pm by RσαԃRυɳɳҽɾ

» Cow vs Assault Cow
10 Bullying Statistics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 4:49 pm by RσαԃRυɳɳҽɾ

» Easter name
10 Bullying Statistics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 4:46 pm by RσαԃRυɳɳҽɾ

» March 23th Uno
10 Bullying Statistics Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 8:25 pm by Jamie

» Saturday Trivia for March 23rd
10 Bullying Statistics Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 7:40 pm by 彡B͏e͏a͏s͏t͏b͏o͏y͏彡

» Discord Mobile App issues
10 Bullying Statistics Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 5:45 pm by ㄒ乇卂Ꮆ卂几

» Why do teens have sex?
10 Bullying Statistics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 6:18 pm by ㄒ乇卂Ꮆ卂几

» You think we love this show?
10 Bullying Statistics Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 5:07 pm by 尺ㄚᗪ乇尺

» March 16th, Uno
10 Bullying Statistics Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 8:18 pm by 尺ㄚᗪ乇尺

Poll
Why do teens have sex?
 They like the way it feels
 Pressure from boyfriend/girlfriend
 Pressure from peers
 Pressure from media, social, movies, ect
 Not understanding what love really means
 Rebellion towards parents, or others
 Curiosity
 Because they feel they are in love and feel the need to express it physically.
 They have sex because their parents did not uphold the moral standards that they expect from their teen.
View results
Discord Server
Top posting users this month
彡B͏e͏a͏s͏t͏b͏o͏y͏彡
10 Bullying Statistics I_vote_lcap10 Bullying Statistics I_voting_bar10 Bullying Statistics I_vote_rcap 
ᒎᗝᔕᕼᑌᗩ
10 Bullying Statistics I_vote_lcap10 Bullying Statistics I_voting_bar10 Bullying Statistics I_vote_rcap 
尺ㄚᗪ乇尺
Jamie
Ҡҽղժɾą
丂卩乇乇ᗪㄚ
ᗴ丅ᕼᗩᑎ
RσαԃRυɳɳҽɾ
DУLДИ
Olaf Fub

10 Bullying Statistics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ᒎᗝᔕᕼᑌᗩ
Teen Lounge Owner/AntiBullyng Ambassador
ᒎᗝᔕᕼᑌᗩ

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD
For being such an active Forum member at Teen Lounge

10 Bullying Statistics Empty
PostSubject: 10 Bullying Statistics   10 Bullying Statistics Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 8:47 am

Here are some statistics I found that I shared with my school, remember it can stop, it can be prevented, and there is help out there for you.

10 Things You Need to Know About Bullying Prevention

1. Less than half of bullied kids actually report it.

According to the most recent National Center for Educational Statistics, more than 20% of students report being bullied. Report being the important word there. Only 36% of bullying victims actually report it, so that number is likely significantly higher. Getting your kids to open up about bullying is vital. Here are a few tips on how you can start the conversation and help them understand that it’s okay to speak up.

2. More than half of bullies stop when another peer intervenes

Kids often feel powerless to stop bullying, but studies show that 57% of bullies will stop when another classmate or friend intervenes. Teach your kids what to do when they see someone being aggressive or cruel towards another classmate. Let them know that they DO have the power to stop it.

3. School-based bullying prevention programs can help curb bullying by up to 25%

Schools that implement (and actually follow) a strong anti-bullying program see a 25% reduction in the problem. If your school doesn’t have a program in place, check out a few alternative ideas that you can share with the administration and teachers.

4. Bullying causes a myriad of emotional problems in our children that can affect the rest of their lives

It’s bad enough that being bullied wrecks our kids’ self-esteem and can lead to depression in some children, but the emotional toll doesn’t end there. Kids who are taunted, teased, and emotionally abused by their peers can also see a sharp decrease in their academic performance. My son nearly failed 6th grade because of the emotional strain. Once I removed him from the situation, he started getting straight As. Victims of bullying may also suffer from anxiety, substance abuse disorders, and sleep disturbances, all of which can have a long-lasting effect.

5. Being bullied also takes a physical toll on children

As if the emotional toll isn’t bad enough, kids who are bullied can also suffer from physical symptoms. Headaches and stomach aches are among the most common. I can tell you from experience, my son had both nearly every day during 5th and 6th grade. After ruling out medical causes, his doctor determined that they were stress-induced.

6. In-person bullying is still the most prevalent form.

If you think that most bullying happens online now, think again. In high school, in-person bullying is still more prevalent at 20.2%. Cyber bullying is close, though, at 15.8%, according to the CDC. Middle school statistics show a much wider gap, with 45% facing bullies in person and 24% online. A whopping 90% of kids who reported being bullied online are also being bullied offline.  Our efforts to stop it need to focus both online and in schools themselves.

7. Children on with disabilities are more likely to be bullied

Children with disabilities are up to three times more likely to be tormented and teased than children without disabilities. Up to 60% of kids on the autism spectrum face bullying. These children are also less likely to report it, as they are warned not to “tattle” twice as often as other kids.

8. Bias against race, religion, or nationality is still the one of top reasons kids bully

It’s sad that in this day and age, so many kids are still being bullied because of the color of their skin, their religion, or their nationality, but it remains among the top “reasons” that kids choose to torment other kids. According to a 2012 study, more than 33% of kids report bias-based bullying. If that study was performed today, I fear it would be higher. Unfortunately, it’s also one of the hardest types of bullying to fight because many kids learn that behavior at home from their role models. Children tend to take on the ethics and political views as their parents, at least until they are old enough to really start thinking for themselves.

9. LGBTQ teens are among the hardest hit by bullying

A whopping 74% of LGBTQ teens suffer from name calling, and over 36% were physically harmed because of their sexual orientation or gender identification. However, one study showed that when schools include LGBTQ students in their anti-bullying policy, that number goes down a bit.

10. Linking suicide to bullying may actually cause more harm

Researchers are still trying to determine the link between bullying and suicide. While some studies do show that kids who are victims of bullies are more likely to self-harm and commit suicide, others believe that being bullied alone isn’t enough to drive a child to take his life and that there has to be additional preexisting emotional disorders. While we definitely need to determine how the two are linked, we may want to keep those results to ourselves and not share them with our kids. The CDC warns that letting kids think that suicide is a natural response to bullying can actually normalize the behavior and lead to copycat cases.

Even if just 1% of kids were being bullied, it would be too much, but as you can see, the numbers are SO much higher than that. If 30% of children came down with a horrible virus, we’d create a vaccine for it. If 1/3 were failing every test, we’d reexamine our curriculum. One in 3 of  kids are being teased and tormented, physically and emotionally abused in a place where they should feel safe. We NEED to do more.

--------------------------------------
10 Bullying Statistics Fca-lo10

10 Bullying Statistics 3793b310

乃_尺ㄖ匚Ҝ and ᏒᎽᎯႶ like this post

Back to top Go down
ᏒᎽᎯႶ
Members age 14-17
ᏒᎽᎯႶ

ADMINISTRATORS AWARD
For being such an active Forum member at Teen Lounge

10 Bullying Statistics Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Bullying Statistics   10 Bullying Statistics Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2022 9:15 am

cheers Great post Joshua
Back to top Go down

10 Bullying Statistics
Page 1 of 1